Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Applique Medallion Quilt

My customer Carolyn makes the most beautiful quilts and they usually have at least some wonderfully executed needle turn applique in them.  This time, Carolyn has made a medallion quilt with a stunning floral applique central block.


Carolyn's quilt has been quilted with a piano key border, lots of continuous curves and loops in the blocks and feathers in the morone triangles and sashing.


I do particularly love the central applique block.  This has been quilted with feathers around the perimeter and filled with pebbles.  I love the effect of pebbles for background quilting, even though it is rather time consuming.



Thanks for visiting - I hope you have enjoyed Carolyn's quilt.

2 comments:

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.