Monday, December 21, 2009

A Rouenneries Wedding Quilt

My friend Penny has just made a beautiful quilt to be gifted as a wedding quilt early in the new year.  The quilt has been made mainly from the Moda Rouenneries by French General range of fabrics.  The Rouenneries range is a lovely collection of printed cottons and woven stripes.  Rouenneries were the cotton prints printed in Rouen, France during the mid-18th Century.  The inspiration for these designs were based on a collection of old prints and stripes from this era in shades of reds, naturals and chocolate browns.  Penny has certainly managed to put these fabrics together to make a stunning quilt - I particularly love the reds in this quilt.



As Penny wanted a quilting design which was not too feminine and floral, I have again used the Gothic Vine design which draws your eye around the quilt.



The Rouenneries range has some beautiful solid fabrics in the range and I love the way the quilting stands out on these fabrics.




This was the last quilt I had to complete before Christmas - I am sure it will be well received by the bride and groom.

I will be taking a break from quilting for customers over the holidays but will hopefully get to do some of my own quilting.

7 comments:

  1. Favorite fabrics! What a lovely wedding gift.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt!! I still have 2 more customer quilts to complete. I am hoping, if I work hard enough to be done by tomorrow night. Then I am hoping to get to some of mine, just like you! Enjoy your time and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I just love this! Wonderful colors and wonderful quilting. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting! love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt. I admire the quilting especially. How is it done? Did you trace a pattern first? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting suits the quilt and fabric so well .... out of interest what type/colour thread did you use?
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.