Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Modern Baby Quilt

I have just finished quilting the most gorgeous modern baby quilt made by my customer Hilary.  Her quilt is to be a gift for a baby due early November and is based on this Simple Modern Baby Quilt pattern by Oh, Fransson without the applique.  Hilary has made this quilt using a beautiful colour scheme in greens accompanied by bright, cheerful prints.



I have quilted this baby quilt with an all-over swirly design called Waterworld.  Here is a close-up of the quilting and some of the gorgeous prints.



The back of this quilt has been pieced which has made for a reversible quilt - I love the parade of animals across the back and the texture of the quilting.



I hope this beautiful baby quilt will be received with love and enjoyed by the family of this yet to be born baby.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love this, it's like a modern I Spy quilt. And your quilting makes it Pop!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, what a fun baby quilt. They quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable quilt! I love the Waterworld quilting pattern -- and it looks great on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love it. I think you are a talented long arm quilter. I would love to talk to you sometime about your long arm. What kind you have and if you love it! I want one and am not sure what kind or when I should get one (worth the money). Your work is just absolutely amazing. Thanks Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely baby quilt! I really like the playful and fun swirly quilting design!

    Ritax

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sensational quilt but Karen...the water swirls are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with it. It's so cute, the colors, the fabrics, your enjoying quilting lines all over - what a wonderful quilt it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is absolutely adorable! I think the pattern you used for the quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this quilt! Great colors, great design... Hilary did well!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments - they will appear shortly.